DATES & TIMES: September 23 & September 30, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
PROGRAM FEE: $125 to attend both sessions. $75 to attend one day.
REGISTER FOR BOTH SESSIONS (September 23 and September 30)
REGISTER FOR SESSION ONE ONLY (September 23)
REGISTER FOR SESSION TWO ONLY (September 30)
MGA members will receive a coupon code to get a $25 discount off either of these prices. For information on joining MGA visit: http://www.massguardianshipassociation.org/membership/
CPCS has approved this program for 3.0 credit hours per day for MHLD panels and for 1.5 hours for CAFL for Day 2 only.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Day 1 Webinar: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks by Chief Justice John Casey, Chief Justice of the Probate and Family Court Division
- What We Can Learn from Britney Spears: When Guardianships and Conservatorships Go Wrong, Moderators: Marlee Cowan, Esq. & Seth Urbanoski, Esq.
- Panelists TBA
- Navigating the interplay between Health Care Proxies, Powers of Attorneys and Court Appointed Individuals, Moderators: Meredith Havard, Esq. & Lisa Judkins
- Shelly Oaks, professional guardian & conservator
- Erin Bradbury, Esq., Law Office of Erin Bradbury
- Joan Legraw, Esq., CPCS
Day 2 Webinar: Thursday, September 30, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Keynote Address by Patricia Keane Martin, Esq., and Lisa M. Neeley. Esq.: Case Law update.
- Issues involving minors, grandparents, custody, and parental contact – Moderators: Michelle Sikes, Esq. & Michelle Mulvena, Esq.
- Hon. Claudine T. Wyner, Associate Justice, Probate and Family Court
- Robert Fuster
- Disputes in guardianship: to litigate or mediate? Moderators: Amy Kisby Mullen, Esq. & Virginia Connolly, Esq.
- Julie Kefi, Jewish Family Services
- Hon. Susan Ricci, (Ret.)
- Angelina Stafford, Esq., Doherty Wallace Pillsbury & Murphy PC
- CPCS attorney TBA
Online registration is encouraged. For assistance, questions on group discounts, accommodations requests, special billing, program content, out-of-state CLE credits, and general CLE information contact Michael Saporito by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations accepted in order of receipt. Registration fees are non-refundable. Most Social Law Library CLE events are recorded. The recording is available by digital download, generally within a week after the program date. Most downloads include print material and are $19.95 each. This product purchase is separate from CLE registration and is not included in the price of a CLE registration. CLE credit, when applicable, is only granted when the live webinar is attended.